Departure and arrival:
There is transport arraged from the international airport in Bodrum (Milas).
August 20, 2022, the transfer will pick us up at 9 am.
August 27, we will arrive at the airport around 4pm
You are responsible for booking your own flight
How many kilos do I take with me?
Try to pack light, you don’t need much clothing other than your tail. Normally 20 to 25 kilos will be sufficient.
The greatest weight is usually your tail and/or monofin. Be sure to weigh these carefully before booking your luggage.
Be sure the check the guidelines for your carry on. Depending on the company it can weigh up to 10 kg.
What should I pack?
We made a handy packing list for you.
What is included in the price?
- Stay on the boat, 7 days, 6 nights
- Food: breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner
- Drinks: unlimited water, coffee and tea
- Online workshops before departure
- Skill building classes in open water
- Workshop making accessory
- 3 Shoots and 10 edited photos
- Transfer from and to the airport on August 20 and 27.
SSI Certifications that are included:
- Basic mermaid
- Ocean mermaid speciality
- Model mermaid speciality
What will we be learning?
You learn to swim in open water, which skills are needed to safely swim mermaid in open water (deep and shallow). You learn to pose under and above the water.
There are also lectures included
- Webinar underwater makeup
- Webinar tails and monofins
- Workshop making accessories with sequins.
Tell me some more about those SSI certification.
There are 3 SSI certifications included in the trip. Let’s take a quick look at them:
- Basic Mermaid, this entails basic mermaid skills, the swimming technique, care of your tail, information about different types of tails, the correct equilasing technique, and we’ll guide you to dive until 5 meters deep.
- Ocean Mermaid, you’ll extra skills to swim safely in the open water.
- Model Mermaid, we’ll teach you how to pose both alone and in group and there will be photoshoots. You will receive 10 edited pictures.
How many photo shoots are included?
There are 2 underwater shoots included.
There is 1 shoot on land (beach or rocks) planned with the whole group. There is also the opportunity to take individual pictures then.
How much time will we spend in the water?
There are 2 sessions planned every day. But you are welcome to jump into the water at any time.
Are there additional costs?
The price does not include
- the plane ticket,
- soft drinks and alcoholic drinks on board
- 50 euro tip for the boat staff.
- dive insurance (we’ll check individual if you need to get an extra insurance)
Is this trip for me?
I don’t have any experience in mermaiding:
All levels are welcome. If you are interested in discovering this amazing swimming technique and magical world, you are perfectly prepared.
I already have a freediving/mermaid certificate:
Yes, we look at everyone’s level. If you already have some experience, we focus on deepening the technology and learning new skills from there.
I am over a certain age, am I too old?
No, no, no, mermaiding is for every age.
You do need to be over 18 to participate.
Is this trip only for women?
Nope, this isn’t a trip exclusive to women. We want everybody to feel welcome. We choose to talk about ‘merfolk’ instead of mermaids to be more inclusive. Sadly it is still highly seen as something for people who identify as women. If you have a better word for ‘mermaiding’, or ‘mermaid swimming’, please let us know we would love to learn more.
I am scuba certified, will there be an option to scuba dive?
There is a dive master on board. If you have your scuba certification we can arrange a dive. A fee will be charged for the equipment. On shoot days this isn’t possible.
There is no need for a scuba certification to participate.
Is there any marine life that we will sport during the trip?
Our trip is located in the Mediterranean sea We will see different kinds of kelp with the smaller fishes that they are surrounded by. We will go to a different location every day. Occasionally we’ll see a turtle or dolphin, but that can’t be guaranteed.
Here are a few pictures of the last edition.
Will I meet the other participants before departure?
During the lectures before departure you will meet each other. There is also an optional facebook group to get to know eachother. The link to this group will be provided once the deposit is payed.
What happens if I can no longer participate in the retreat?
If you are afraid that this will happen, it is best to take out travel insurance. This can be done, for example, through your bank. Every travel insurance policy is different so read very carefully what is and is not covered.
The organization itself is not responsible for the refund.